"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have."

Friday, January 30, 2009

Nightmares....

This was my conversation with Kailey at 4:30 a.m. this morning:

Kailey: I want momma, I want momma
I get out of bed and go into her room
Amy: What's wrong Kailey...
Kailey: Bee will sting you
Amy: No, honey, there aren't any bees in here to sting you
Kailey: Bee on bug blankey will sting you
Amy: There isn't a bee on your bug blankey. It's okay!
Kailey: Bee on bug blankey..(she starts to sound frustrated)
Amy: Here, I'll get it off.
I proceed to shake off her bug blankey to get the "Bee" off.
Amy: There, now there isn't any bees to sting you.
Kailey: I want to go in Daddy's bed
I give in and take her into our bed
Kailey: Bee will sting my toe...Bee will sting my foot
Amy: Kailey, there isn't any bees in here. It's okay.
Kailey: There's bees out in the snow.
Amy: There's not any bees outside in the snow either. It's too cold.
Trevor is now awake and listening to the conversation. Kailey is still freaking out that a bee is going to sting her foot and she is kicking off the covers.
Trevor: Kailey, lets cover up your feet with your bug blankey and the bee's won't sting you.

She finally settled down and wanted to go back into her bed (as long as Trevor would lay by her).

The poor kid had a nightmare about bees. And I think I know why. We read a book together before I put her to bed. It was a book about "Ladybugs Birthday" and there were two bees that came to the ladybugs birthday party and brought honey. I was pointing out every creature on the pages and I pointed out the stingers on the bees. So I think this nightmare was all of my fault. The poor kid was stung by a bee last summer and is terrified of being stung by a BEE again.

5 comments:

The Strawn Family said...

Kids say the funniest things! Kaden has been staying in our room since his surgery, so this morning as I was getting ready I could hear him saying over and over again, "not again". I came in to see what he was talking about but he was dead asleep, who knows what he was dreaming about!

krista said...

Oh poor Kailey. They really think it is so real. Jonas thinks there are wolves in our bathtub and spiders in his bed. Kids and their imaginations. Miss you guys.

The Wright Fam said...

That is such a sweet little story. It is so cute what their little minds think of. It'll be fun to tell her about her 'bee' scare when she is older. What a cutie!

A Erickson said...

Amy-
It's been a heck of a long time! I saw you at Relay for Life last fall for a brief second. I thought you were there with family-I had no idea you had been through cancer treatment. What an experience! I have always thought you were such an amazing person when we were in the 28th ward together. This just proves it! It is fun to find your blog and see your darling family! Kailey is beautiful! Good luck with everything! See you at Relay for Life next year (my mother-in-law is a breast cancer survivor).
Mandy Erickson

A Erickson said...

Poor little thing-it is amazing that they have nightmares so young!
PS I came across your blog from Justin & Cassity's. And I totally think the pixie cut is darling on you! You looked way cute at the Relay.

See My Hair GROW!!!!

Random Photos