
About a week ago we celebrated Trevor's birthday. Trevor's parents came down and we had some friends over. Buddy is quite the entertainer and was showing us all how he "Poops Moolah". He takes some change and then grunts and drops the change from his behind to the floor. Then he laughs and laughs. Well he was teaching Kailey how to "poop moolah". So she had a penny and Buddy had a nickel and they were laughing and dropping the change constantly. After a while, we weren't as amused as at first so Trev and I started talking with Nate and Denise. The kido's disappeared and were playing on the stairs with their "Moolah". Next thing we hear is Kailey choking. We run over to her and try to get the PENNY out of her mouth, but she ended up swallowing it. She acted normal and wasn't coughing or anything, but we were still concerned. We called the doctor on call (keep in mind this is at 10:00 p.m.) to see what to do. He told us to just watch her and if it doesn't pass in the next 3 or so days to bring her in for an x-ray. I did some researching online and saw that lots of kids have swallowed money before and it will eventually pass. No big deal, right? But you forget what you have to do in the process....Search for the Penny. Let me tell you, this was fun! I just love sticking a plastic fork in a poopy diaper and digging around. As if changing a diaper isn't enough, now we have to thumb through it. Gross! 3 days came and went. No Penny. We called her pediatrician to see if we should bring her in and he said if she is still having bowel movements and acting normal, then it will eventually pass, but it may take a few weeks. How can something stay inside you for a FEW WEEKS? Are you kidding? So we just kept scrounging through her poop.
Finally TODAY, 10 days later, guess what, we found.....THE PENNY! It was very noticeable when it came out, Trevor didn't have to examine the specimen to find it. And I will spare you the picture. Trevor had to take a picture "for her scrapbook". Like I'm going to scrapbook a picture of THAT! Kailey really did "Poop Moolah" Literally! What a week. I hope we don't have to do any searching ever again!
Trev's birthday was fun! We enjoyed going out to dinner and being with friends and family. Trevor we love you and are so grateful for you and all that you do for us. We hope you had a great day!
Monday, February 9, 2009
Happy Birthday and Pooping Moolah!
Posted by Trevor and Amy at 10:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







11 comments:
Yeah! Not something you really look forward to every day I'm sure. We're glad she's ok. Next time, you'll have to be careful what you say around Kailey. Now we know she will take things "literally". : ) We hope Trev had a great birthday. Wow, he's almost 30!! (I just have to say that so I can convince myself other people are getting old too. Cause I'm not quite sure how I'll react when I actually am 30!) Which, by the way, your only a few years from that magic number tomorrow!!! Isn't it when your 29 then your next birthday you can start going backwards? It's all good!
hahaha.
its about time kailey pooped her moolah!!!
too funny!
You know one good thing may come out of this, playing the game "Pooping Moolah" may now be out of fashion!
Hilarious!! What a great story to tell her someday. I would have thrown up trying to seach through the poop. I am glad that she is okay.
What a funny and ironic story! Happy Birthday Kailey!
I was so expecting a picture. With the way things are right now maybe she could teach me to Poop Moolah.. Might be nice..
come up and see the glaze I think you are gonna want to do it..
OH, that was hilarious! Yes, Buddy has officially taught Kailey how to poop moolah....and I hope Grant never actual goes through with it like Kailey did! Ha! Ya, what will Buddy teach Kailey next??
Happy Birthday Trevor! Amy, I could never get up at 5 a.m. I am such a night owl! You really are awesome to do that. Do you get the Sunday paper for the coupons? I'm just wondering which one is the best one to get. I hear Walgreens has great deals and I am excited we are getting one. Do you print the online coupons? Does Albertson's take them? I know Macey's does. And I really like Macey's wheat free section too. OH, one more thing, we are photographing Shanae Welsh's wedding in March. So we've been seeing a lot more of Connie lately. She's super nice. How are you feeling these days? Are you on facebook? And I better quit writing!
Oh, I'm glad she didn't choke on it, scary!!! We haven't had anyone swallow money yet, but I think it's a rite of passage. So CONGRATULATIONS!! You are a mom:)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Trevor and Amy too! I meant to call both of you, but I am a slacker - sorry! That is so hilarious that she pooped moolah! Too bad she isn't producing it :)
Wow. Changing diapers with a fork. And it took 10 days??!!! The crazy things we do as parents, right??!! Well, at least it was a memorable birthday!! :)
Post a Comment