"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have."

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Shopping at Albertsons = $64.99 Smile on Amy's Face = PRICELESS

There is a good sale going on at Albertsons, so last night, I stayed up late cutting all of my coupons for the "BIG DAY". It took me quite a bit of time, but wow, was it worth it!

Denise and I got up and were at Albertsons at 5 A.M. Yes, that's right 5 a.m. when they opened. There were some good deals and we had to beat everyone else too them. We were amazed at how many insane people were waiting outside with us for them to open the doors. (At least Denise and I know we aren't the only crazy people around). Anyway, they have a deal where if you spend $30, you get $15 off voucher that prints to use on your next shopping order. I had to do 6 different transactions, so when the $15 voucher printed, I just used it on the next transaction. This is what I got.


Total Spent $64.99
Total Saved: $248.66
Total coupons $135.65(which I spent all of my time cutting out last night )

Here is an idea of some of the prices that I paid:

All Detergent: 67 Cents (now you can see why I got 13 of them)
Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion: FREE
Suave Lotion: 50 cents
5 lb bag flour: 25 cents
Skippy Peanut Butter: 88 cents
Progressive Soup: FREE
Mushrooms: $1.69
Best Foods Mayonnaise: 65 cents
Suave Deodorant: 9 cents
Cookie Pouches: 9 cents
Macaroni Grill Pasta : 67 cents
Betty Crocker Warm Delights: 75 cents
Albertsons Salt: 50 cents

Trevor and Nathan thought we were crazy to go that early, but I think we proved to them that it was way worth it! I think Denise and I have bragging rights on what we spent, don't you think?

11 comments:

Denise said...

WE SO HAVE BRAGGING RIGHTS. We rock...

Cordie said...

That is awesome. There is nothing better than saving money, on anything! I know I already asked you this but what kind of camera do you own?

Shae said...

Wow! I can't believe you got so many good deals! Way to go!

Andrea said...

My jaw is dropping! I totally would've done it too....I love a good deal! It's so fun to see you on here~ your family is beautiful! I want a redhead kid!!

The Strawn Family said...

I am going Monday morning! Now I am even more excited! I am so impressed.

mickandteresa said...

Amy, Wow! We are going to hire you to do our shopping...

krista said...

Heck yes you have bragging rights. That is so awesome, how did you do that? You need to fill me in.

Dave and Amber said...

Awesome shopping spree! You've got to show me how to save like that one of these days. I'm in awe!

StrusaD said...

That's amazing!! You got so many great deals! Good job!

Average Me said...

Wow that is impressive. You are an amazing lady. I think Trev should be bowing at your feet for saving him money. =) I am impressed. How about I just let you go shopping for me. =) I hate it and I deffinetly don't have those opportunities here. =) So I just hand you the check book. How is that? lol I really miss you guys. I wish we'd hang out more. How are you all? I hope your well. Quinn was wondering if Trev got a big elk or anything this year. Love your faces.

Amanda said...

Hey-
I found your blog off of another one. Your little girl is sure getting big. Can I just say wow about the grocery shopping, that's awesome!!

See My Hair GROW!!!!

Random Photos