"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have."

Monday, December 22, 2008

Fighting to brush her teeth!

Kailey hates to brush her teeth. Every night it is a big fight for her to brush her teeth. We bought her an electric (Kitty) Toothbrush thinking this would help. The first night, she liked it and we thought...PERFECT! That is all we needed! Well, that has changed. She doesn't like the kitty so much anymore. The only way we could get her to brush her teeth was to tell her we were going to take some pictures of her brushing her teeth. And it worked! If you have any other creative ideas of how to get your kids to brush their teeth, send them our way! She looks so innocent as if she just LOVES to brush her teeth, doesn't she? If only it was like this all the time. Of course after she was done, she had to show us how clean her teeth were!






4 comments:

Shae said...

Mariah likes brushing her teeth...so I don't know if this will help or not. When I do Mariah's hair, I set her in the sink, so that I can do it. She always has to have to toothbrush in hand when I do her hair, so this is most commonly the time that she brushes her teeth. (I think the fact that she's actually high enough she can see her toothbrush, usually is why she wants it...but who knows) Good luck!

The Strawn Family said...

I always tell Kaden that there are alligators in his mouth and I have to get them out, it always turns into a game but at least it gets the job done!

Karie Coats said...

Ok, Cord doesn't have a problem brushing his teeth, but every once in a while he'll fight and I seriously tell him that bugs are going to get in his teeth if we don't brush them, and he immediately changes his mind!! Is that cruel???

Mindy said...

Jason showed Kate pictures of black teeth and told her if she doesn't brush her teeth then hers will look like that! You could hear her gasp. haha I know, we're getting the parents of the year award ;) But she brushes them on her own, willingly, without us telling her she needs to.... every night now! Worked like a charm.

See My Hair GROW!!!!

Random Photos