"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have."

Sunday, July 27, 2008

It's Been a While

I know I haven't posted for a while, but its summer and I spend most of my free time outside. Plus the fact that I have a 2 year old that LOVES being outside and I can't drag her inside without her screaming. Here are a few pictures of what we have been up to lately. Here is a picture of Kailey posing in the bathroom after I did her hair. She knows when she is cute!
I spoke at the Relay for Life the end of June. It was really a neat experience to see all of the cancer survivors and be able to give people HOPE! I walked the first lap of the track with my dad and grandpa who are also cancer SURVIVORS. We celebrated Kailey's birthday the first part of July. She loves bugs so I had to make her a bug cake. And she actually blew out her candles herself!We celebrated her birthday twice and here is a picture of her eating her birthday cake at Grandma's.

This is a typical picture of Kailey. When I want to get something done in the kitchen, all I have to do is put her in the sink and let her play with the water and she will be content for hours!

5 comments:

Dave and Mel said...

That is so smart....I always let Brooke play by the sink....In the sink would be way less messy. Pictures are cute....and your hair is really cute!!!

Denise said...

Love the pics Ames!

Shae said...

Isn't it amazing how much water can keep a little kid entertained for SO long! It's nice, except when it gets out of hand and then there's water EVERYWHERE! :)

Three Men and a Janie said...

Mac does the sink thing too - either in it or standing by it. He uses a measuring cup too! It's a great form of entertainment, I agree! You'll have to let us know if you ever come down this way. I'm missing you!

Angie said...

Love the cake. That's cool you guys got to do the run together.

See My Hair GROW!!!!

Random Photos