"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have."

Friday, April 3, 2009

5 Years Down....Eternity to Go!

Yesterday was our 5th Anniversary! I can't believe how fast time has gone by! We celebrated by going out to dinner at what Trevor calls, "A Nice Sit Down" restaurant. We got a babysitter and enjoyed our hour and a half of peace and quiet with just the two of us. Trevor gave me the sweetest thing. He made (out of wood that he got out of the mountains) a little box. He put it together and stained it. Inside the box was 3 letters. One letter he wrote in April of 2005, the next letter was dated December 2008, and then the last one was dated April 2, 2009. Those letters were letters of gratitude and appreciation for all that I did for him. He planned it out years ago that he would write me notes and give them to me in the future. It was the nicest thing ever. On the letter from yesterday, he told me that this box was "Rough" just like him and that the box was to hold all of the special letters that I receive from him so I make sure to keep them in a special place. Of course, I cried. Who wouldn't? I have the best husband in the world. I am so grateful for you Trev and the kind of husband and father that you are! I look forward to many years to come!

This is my "treasure" box that he made.













































11 comments:

The Strawn Family said...

Happy Anniversary! I am sitting here almost in tears - what a sweet husband you have. Here's to many, many more years!!

Team Tingey said...

All I have to say is "Way to go Trevor!" You picked a good one Amy. Congratulations on 5 years!

Karie Coats said...

That's some sweet stuff! Have Trevor give my husband a few lessons on the romantic spectrum please!!!

Denise said...

What a fun post!! So sweet!

Kayla Merritt said...

I know how fast time flies too..Jas and I will hit our first anniversary in a couple weeks!! It has gone by so fast. Trev.. your the greatest to make such wonderful memories for such a wonderful wife! (I woulda cried too Amy) Have fun on your journey to eternity! love you guys!!

R Cadina said...

Wow....tears... That is so sweet. A definite treasure box. :0) Congrats on your 5th, and your night out!!

Mindy said...

Congrats!! It goes by so fast! I remember going to your reception, our first road trip with 6 week old baby Katelynn :)

Shae said...

Oh...how sweet and romantic! That is such a cute thing that he made that for you...and letters are seriously the best!

Average Me said...

Wow time flies. I can't believe 5 years already. Quinn and I's 7th is on July 6th this year. I can hardly believe it. Sorry we are such crummy friends. We've got news though. I am now prego with #3. =)Excited about the baby, yes! Excited about pregnancy, no! I'm sick with this one, so we are hoping it is a boy. =) Cross your fingers. Please call sometime we'd love to hang out. Love your faces.

Lisa said...

Happy Anniversarry! You really do have a sweet husband. It is the thoughtful gifts that mean the most.

Cordie said...

Happy anniversary!!!!!! Thanks so much for your nice comment on my blog.

See My Hair GROW!!!!

Random Photos