"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have."

Friday, August 22, 2008

The wonders of Photoshop

Kailey's favorite thing lately has been her BABY! She pushes it around in this grocery cart outside ALL DAY! It is so dang cute to see her "baby" her baby. She pretends to feed the baby, wraps it up in a blanket and even rocks her in the rocking chair. It's amazing how soon their "motherly instincts" kick in!


This was the picture before Trev altered it with photoshop

We have had photoshop for a while, but haven't taken the time to utilize everything it can do. Trevor has been playing around with it and these two pictures are just some of the new things he learned. If any of you have any other good tips for photoshop, send them our way!

Before photoshop:

After photoshop:

13 comments:

Dave and Mel said...

I'm thinking I need that program....I can never get really cute pictures of my kids like I see other people post. Maybe I am just not up on the tech. Those pictures look so cute...I will have to get some tips if I ever get up to speed.

Denise said...

I want to learn. Teach me, Trevor.

Shae said...

Those are adorable pictures! How do you do that? We have the CS2 version...is that what you have? I haven't figured out how to do the partial color/partial B&W...so, maybe you can send some tips my way, too!

Brooke and Jason said...

Dang cute!!! How are you guys doing?

Average Me said...

Looks great guys. Way to use the photoshop. I love the program. I've learned so many cool stuff on it. Hope you guys are doing well. Love your faces.
Mal

Lisa said...

Very cute! It is amazing all the fun stuff you can do with photoshop. I wish I knew how to use it better. It would save me a ton of money. I am such a sucker for buying things like that at the photo studio. It would be great to know how to do it myself.

Audrey Holjeson said...

Photoshop can do some cool things! But I don't really have the patience to sit there and try to figure it out, so I hardly ever use it! But these pictures turned out really good!

Hillery said...

Hey Am, I think you put my blog address in wrong! I'm an idiot and can't spell family, so it is nelsonfamliy.blogspot.com So now you can get to my blog through yours! sorry! I did go to Soda High after all!

Bunderson Family said...

That is amazing...we do not have photoshop, but I think we will have to invest now!! I am pretty much computer illiterate, but I guess I will have to learn sometime!!! She's a doll.
Jen

IRISH BERNT'S said...

HEY AMY
I JUST HAPPENED TO BLOG SURFING AND FOUND YOUR BLOG. I READ YOUR LAST ENTRY, YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION. I FOUND OUT ABOUT THE CANCER FROM SOMEONE IN SODA AND MY HEART BROKE FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. BUT, YOU SEEM TO HAVE OVERCOME IT, WHAT A TROOPER. YOU ARE AMAZING. YOUR FAMILY IS ADORABLE. WISH YOU ALL THE BEST!
COME VISIT US SOMETIME AT www.gobernts.blogspot.com
~TONYA MENDENHALL BERNT

Cordie said...

I wish I had a nice camera and you could teach me a thing or two. I love what you did with the pictures and it is so much easier to make a photo look good with a cute girl in them, she is so cute!

Angie said...

I have photoshop too, just don't know how to use it. The pictures turned out really cute!!

Megan and Jon said...

Amy, where are you, I haven't seen or talked to you in forever.

See My Hair GROW!!!!

Random Photos