"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have."

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Trevor's Latest Projects

The job hunt has been a long and slow process, so these are some of the projects that Trevor has been keeping busy with the past couple of months. (and can I just mention that I have a dang talented husband that can do ANYTHING! I am so grateful for his hard work ethic and all that he does for our family!)

#1. Finish our basement. (I took these pictures before we completely finished hanging all of the doors and last minute stuff and I haven't taken the final product pics.)

We started finishing our basement in January and Trevor was done by March. When you can work on it all day and night, you can get it done pretty quick! It's been really fun to have out basement finished, however, we wish we could afford to get some furniture so we could enjoy it even more. Someday.....
Family Room (1st view)
Family Room (2nd view)

BedroomHallway
Bathroom
Storage Room. (This room is really big and I love it! I actually have room to put everything now, including our food storage!)
*Let me add that he did almost all of this work by himself so it saved us a TON of money!

#2. Make a Headboard.
We had Kailey in a toddler bed and was using the crib mattress that Grandma June let us use with her crib. Kayla and Jason are due anytime now, so we needed to get the mattress to them so they could use the crib. So we had to get a "Big Girl" bed for Kailey. We priced around and learned real quick that beds aren't cheap! We ended up finding a practically new bed and box spring on KSL for a dang good deal. Then Trevor made her a headboard. Here is the picture of Kailey helping him paint it.

Here is the finished project. I think it turned out really cute and Kailey loves the fact that she has a "Big Girl" bed. (She has only fallen out about 4 times, so I think we are doing pretty good.)

#3. Plant a Garden.
This has been Trevor's project and he takes full pride in it. You won't find a weed in it. He even takes the "weasel" tool to it to make it look really nice. (He made fun of me last year for even buying the tool, and now he uses it more in the garden than I do in my flower beds.) I'll have to post some more pics later of the progress of our garden.

#4. Make a Bench
We haven't really liked the back corner of our lot very well, so we ended up tearing out a pine tree and planting a maple tree. (let me just tell you that Trevor took the chain saw to the tree and loved every minute of it). Then I told him we needed a cute little bench to finish it off. and make it look appealing. So the next day, I come home from work and pulled into the garage to see this cute bench. He went to Lowe's and bought some Cedar Fencing (for pretty cheap) and built it. We spray painted it black and I planted some flowers in a pot to give it the extra touch. I think it turned out pretty good. Trev can make anything and everything with wood. He should go into carpentry or something. Too bad there isn't more money in wood work.


He comes up with these projects and finishes them all while watching and taking care of all of Kailey's needs. (and we all know 2 years olds are pretty demanding). I think maybe I should continue to work while he stays home because I could never do projects like this. Thanks Trevor for all that you do for our family! You continue to amaze me every day with your talents and abilities.

13 comments:

Karie Coats said...

wow, looks like you guys have acomplished a lot! Everything looks great!

Remodelaholic said...

Wow! You guys have been busy. Everything looks great, I especially love the downstairs bath and the head board!

Three Men and a Janie said...

Way to go, Trev! Impressive! Everything looks so awesome! You guys will enjoy your basement so much. When we did ours it felt like we tripled the size of our house. By the way, Amy YOU ARE GORGEOUS!

Team Tingey said...

How fun to get to come home to such wonderful creations. I had no clue Trev was such a craftsman. I am jelous of your food storage area...it looks awesome. Kailey's bed is adorable. I hope I get to see you guys soon...it has been forever!

Shae said...

wow! that's awesome! looks like you guys have been VERY busy, and have the proof, too! that's always nice. :) your basement looks great! we are starting to finish our basement...and it's pretty slow going when we can only work on it a few days a week for a couple hours each time!

Cordie said...

WOW Trevor is sooooooooo talented!

Andrea Naegle said...

Amy, quite taking pictures of our garden and putting on your blog. I know Trevor is jealous of our "weed free" garden, but man! JK

Beeks by the Lake said...

First of all, I LOVE YOUR HAIR! It's gorgeous! Second of all, what is that tool and where do I get one? Third, how much would he charge to make Coleton a headboard? Fourth, I can't even explain how jealous I am of your food storage room. Wow! So awesome to see you so vibrant and enjoying life. I just had my 2 and a half year appointment and I'm still cancer free. Hope you are still doing just as well. HUGS

Denise said...

Ya, Trev has been busy! One talented guy, that's for sure!!

The Stoddard Show said...

Trevor... you got some serious skills! Good job! Your basement looks awesome! hugs Tonya

R Cadina said...

What in the?!?!?!?! That is CRAZY!!! Seriously...It almost seems an injustice for finishing the basement to just be #1. I think you should says, #1 family room, #2 bedroom... Or maybe even #1 walls...etc... hahaha. And, seriously, everyone loves those benches, and that headboard is so cute. Maybe he really could start a business making things for other peoople. I would recommend him! :0) You guys are awesome!!

Candi Merritt said...

I'm sure he learned all of his skills from his older brother.

The Strawn Family said...

WOW - does Trevor want to come do some projects for me too???

See My Hair GROW!!!!

Random Photos